In a lot of cases when your printer or your computer device are not responding, but they are still in a manner connected to each other, then this concern of them being offline arises. Usually in these cases, there could arise a problem from the manner in which the connection has been established in the devices. Further, other reasons of this could relate to network concerns, setup problems on the device as well as other printer concerns. This would mean that you would need a smoother functioning printer, as when the device is offline your tasks get halted and do not function at all.
One must follow the process of making sure that their devices have been troubleshooted for basic problems due to which this could be happening. Make sure that you follow this article to find out what are the reasons behind this problem arising, as well as making sure that the printer has been back to functioning in a proper manner like earlier. This would contribute to an overall better printer usage too.
- One of the simplest things which you can start out by doing is making sure that you change the printer settings on your device. This would mean that the printer needs to be properly set back to a default setting on it, and any changes made in the course of time should be set back to normal. This would also make sure that the printer gets rebooted after a settings change on it. Also ensure that you have the printer booklet at hand.
- The printer booklet would ensure that you check the external aspects of the printer to see if any glitches are visible on it and are disturbing and interrupting the sequence of events in its functioning. Make sure that you also check whether your printer tray, printing paper as well as enough of ink is present within the printer itself for this purpose.
- Go over all the connections for the printer and make sure they are working properly. This would mean everything ranging from the wires, connectors, cables etc. the externals on the device have to be checked with the help of a printer manual and made sure that they are rectified should there be any concerns arising from them.
- Whenever there is low ink within the printer or there is notification of the ink becoming lesser, the printing quality decreasing to a faint version, then you should again make sure that you change the cartridge of ink. Also regularly keep changing the cartridges once they get empty as well.
- Go to the software update option and check if there are any important updates available in this regard here. Download the ones which you deem important before proceeding forward. Make sure that all the important software which is needed for the printer to work in a proper manner has been installed onto your device already. This would help at later stages even in preventing further printer concerns from arising.
- Another thing to be ensured is if the printer has manually been set to the offline mode from its settings. Make sure that your device is set on the online medium, ranging from going to the device settings, printer preferences and checking the printer status as well.
- Ensure that you have the correct printer connected to the computer or machine too. If the commands are being issues to the wrong printer, overall the device would not be able to continue with the printing process. Thus make sure that you also clear the lined up printing jobs and then direct the printing process after carefully connecting and setting up one printer.
- Lastly, invest in a good anti-virus or anti-malware software for your device as well. This serves as a good preventive measure for a number of problems and keep giving you alerts to download updates as well.
Also Read :