As this world is moving towards eCommerce with a faster pace and online trading has become a trend now. People consider starting an online business as the right decision, and to make their business grow well, they go for Magento. Magento is generally a platform that allows them to make their online store more interactive and thus helps them to improve the customers’ experience. It provides various extensions and themes to the owners and built-in functionalities to develop a Magento store.
But despite this, there are various issues regarding Magento that people do and, afterward, look for their solutions. Solving those issues is not a big task if you are aware of the complete process. This comprises of some complicated tasks that require in-depth skills to deal with eCommerce problems.
Here are some common Magento issues along with their complete solution that can help you resolve all your online store queries and make your website more powerful.
“Access denied” Magento issue
While creating your website, you may face the “access denied” issue while logging in to Magento portal. So in case you are not able to access your Magento portal, you need to follow some simple steps given below:
- Log out of your Admin Panel and log in back again. First, turn it off and then turn it on.
- Reset the Magento admin rights
- Login again with the help of updated credentials
- Click on Permissions, choose the “Roles” option, and then choose” Administrators.”
- Click on “Save Role Button”
Resetting the Magento 2 admin password
Mistyping a password every time or forgetting it is a common problem among website owners. This issue is very simple to be resolved. It just requires you to change your password by using phpMyAdmin. For this you require to follow these steps:
- Open your Magento 2 database
- Navigate to your admin user tab
- change the existing password
- save the new password
Creating the search engine friendly URL for the website
If you want your website on the top of the search result, you require an SEO convenient URL for your Magento website. As the eCommerce is getting tougher day by day, hence getting a relevant URL is not an easy task. It requires a strong and interactive URL to attract the traffic of the audience to your site. If you do not have a search engine friendly URL, there are great chances to miss certain opportunities. Thus here is a simple solution for this issue. Just go through it:
- Login to your “Magento Admin Area”
- Click on “Configuration” button
- Click on the “Web” on the left side
- Click on “Search Engine Optimization (SEO)” tab
- turn on the “Use Web Server Rewrites” by clicking on Yes option
- Click on the “Save” button
Introducing a “contact us” form on the website
Magento provides a “contact us” form and that too by default. When you open up your Magento store, you will find a link to the contact form on the footer of the page you can add this link to any of the pages of your website. For this you need to follow below-given steps:
- login to Magento admin area
- Click on CMS and then choose the “pages” option
- choose a page you want to edit
- paste the copied link with the help of HTML option of WYSIWYG editor
- Click on the “Save” option.
Adding a Custom User Group
This is another common problem often faced by the people while developing their official websites they find it typical to add a custom user group and thus looks here and there to get out of the problem. Following are some steps that can help you to resolve this issue:
- Login to “Magento Admin Area”
- Click on the “Customers” option
- Click on “Customers Groups” option
- Add new customers group
After registering a new customer, you can also edit the group by below-given steps:
- Login to “Magento Admin Area” again
- Click on the “Customers” option
- Click on “manage customer” option
- Click on “edit link” option
- Click on the “account information” option
- Click on “customer group” option
- Click on “save customer” option
Managing a Magento store is thus a complicated task, and if you are just a beginner, you are surely going to face some challenges. You will face some issues and will require following a process to get all your problems resolved in no time. Besides this, if you want your website to be developed effectively, you can take the help of Magento Website Development Company, and afterward, if you face any problem mentioned above, you can make use of the given steps to solve them easily.