Maintaining healthy teeth is the most important part of your oral health and you should follow a healthy routine for Dental Hygiene. Brushing twice a day and flossing regularly may act as a good starting point, but to maintain healthy and shining teeth, you need to do more.
Here, we have mentioned tips and tricks to upgrade your dental health hygiene routine, and following them properly will surely help you maintain healthy teeth. However, for any complicated problems that are lingering, you can always visit a reliable dentist in Canberra.
1. Use an Electric Toothbrush
Electric toothbrushes are often more effective than traditional ones. In contrast to a traditional toothbrush, you don’t have to brush back and forth with an electric one. All you need to do is guide it through the quadrants of your mouth and the vibrations will do the rest.
The advantage of using an electric toothbrush is not limited to ease of use, however. They are particularly effective when you find more plaque and calcium build-up in your mouth. Electric toothbrushes are generally more effective in removing these particles.
However, you need to be careful while using a toothbrush as the wrong use of it, both traditional and electric, can damage your gums. Use a 45-degree angle to the gum line and brush softly to avoid any type of gum injuries.
2. Floss Properly
A toothbrush is only able to reach 60% of your teeth’s surfaces. To clean and remove plaque and debris from the rest of 40%, flossing is the only way. Regular flossing is thus a very good way to maintain your oral health. However, you need to do it correctly.
Incorrect flossing, like flossing hard, may result in additional oral health issues. On the other hand, if you do not use a C-shape when flossing or do not go far enough under the gums, flossing would be ineffective in removing plaque.
3. Rinse Your Mouth after Flossing
Flossing regularly is important to make sure that no debris remains in your teeth. So, many suggest flossing before brushing, so that it can remove the debris completely. However, it is equally important to rinse your teeth with water to make sure the debris loosened by flossing and brushing gets flush. Rinsing your mouth will also flush out any bacteria forming.
4. Keep a Toothbrush Handy
Maintaining healthy teeth is essential and one of the ways to do it is to brush properly. Now, if some food particles get stuck in your teeth, you need to brush it off immediately to avoid complications later on. So, always keep a toothbrush handy and ready to be used when you need it the most. Just keep it in a secure location and put a cover on it to prevent dust and particles from accumulating over it.
5. Tongue Care
The tongue hosts millions of bacteria and can contribute to bad breath and plaque buildup in your mouth. So, when brushing your teeth, it would be a good idea to gently brush your tongue as well. This will remove the bacteria and help maintain your oral health. You can also use a mouthwash to kill bacteria and freshen your breath. When choosing a mouthwash, you’ll do well if you choose one with fluoride in it. This will help in strengthening your teeth further.
These tips, when followed correctly, will help you maintain good oral health and shiny and healthy teeth. Incorporate these tips in your daily dental hygiene routine and you’ll notice the difference. However, for any type of oral complications, we advise you to connect with a reliable dentist in Canberra. They can tell exactly what is wrong with your oral health and provide you with elaborate solutions if needed.