When it comes to a domestic project of renovation or construction from scratch, the kitchen plays the most prominent role in the décor part. Everyone wants their kitchen to look perfect and in synergy with the color scheme and theme of the house and it is the place which all the customers invest the most into. However, the area in the kitchen is mostly occupied by kitchen worktops London including, countertops, cabinets, benches, floor etc. Thus, the material which is put into these should be highly reliable and hygienic. The aesthetics and modeling are all done according to the preferences and dynamics of the size and diversity of members in a family. In this article, the reasons which can prove to be an advantage for buying a specific material and why they should be avoided are mentioned, so that the customers can compare their needs with them and choose accordingly.
Granite kitchen worktops London:
Available in diverse and unique colors. They are resistant to so many damaging things such as heat, water, knife-marks etc. They are highly used for both kitchen and bathrooms.
- The reason to make them the showstopper for the kitchen is that they are maintained and cleaned easily, saving the customers a lot of costs and are resistant to high velocity impact of sharp objects.
- However, the downside of these granite countertops is, acidic products leave stains or can damage their health.
Marble countertops for kitchen:
They look elegant and attractive and give the kitchen a sophisticated look. Made of limestone, they have a unique composition in every piece. They are preferred by the elite.
- The advantage of using them is that they are not affected by heat or high temperature and are aesthetically very valuable. Cleaning them does not require too much effort or costly products.
- However, people tend to skip them as a part of the kitchen worktops London because with the aesthetics comes the high price to be paid as they are quite expensive. Maintaining them also comes with the cost of sealing with antimicrobial sheets as they are porous. High velocity impact can shatter them.
Stones (artificial ones) as kitchen worktops:
When minerals such as quartz or marble are ground or shredded, they are collected and then some specific resins are added to make them cohesive, the resulting stones are then made into slabs for kitchen worktops.
- They are not damaged by staining and are quite homogenous in consistency because of the shredded material. Maintaining and clean go light on the customers’ pockets. They can be made into any color or design.
- The downside is their quality may vary and must be checked before buying. They are sensitive to heat and high impact blows. Sometimes the low-quality ones are sold at high costs also, if not checked before making a purchase.
Worktops of porcelain tiles:
They are quite the talk of town and are very trendy. They are impermeable in nature and are made from the same material used in kitchen floors, so the combination looks extremely pleasing and matching. They are also not affected by heat and are very durable.
- The advantage is that they do not absorb moisture or water so they are not abrasive or corrosive in nature. Cleaning them goes super easy on the customers.
- However, the downside is that if the quality is not confirmed before the purchase, they can prove to be weak because they are prone to be mixed with other materials by companies, if not supervised.
Steatite kitchen worktops London:
Previously used only in laboratories or hospitals, they are now used in houses also. They are highly resistant to acidic materials and do not corrode.
- Their greatest advantage is their durability.
- However, they need to be polished, laminated, lubricated etc. so they can go on for years and years.
Stainless steel worktops:
These kitchen worktops London are 100% non-porous or impermeable. They are resistant to all; heat, water, microbial activity etc. They give a very smooth finish to the worktops.
- They are extremely easy to maintain and are very hygienic preventing pathogenic attacks.
- However, they are not scratch-proof and are also costly to install.